Food Bank of Northern Nevada Job Posting: Tribal Support Specialist
Job Title: Tribal Support Specialist Job Category: Non-Exempt
Department/Group: Agency Relations Reports to: Director of Programs
Location: Sparks, NV Travel Required: Yes
Level/Salary Range: Position Type: Non-Supervisory
The Tribal Support Specialist will provide partnership and program support to Tribal Communities located in the Food Bank of Northern Nevada FBNN) service area. This position will work alongside tribal communities to identify needs related to food insecurity and help identify resources, services, programs and partnership opportunities to help address identified food insecurity needs.
Primary Job Functions:
• Direct outreach and interaction with tribal communities to establish food resources to address individual communities.
• Develop food distribution programs and schedule.
• Become familiar with and develop comprehensive understanding of the various needs of individual tribal communities.
• Act as primary FBNN contact for all tribal partnerships.
• Coordinate quarterly calls with tribal communities, Nevada Department of Agriculture, Nevada Indian Commission and Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada.
• Become fluent in all FBNN partnership requirements and all FBNN programs.
• Collect, input and manage data in FBNN software programs.
• Work with various FBNN program coordinators to ensure collaboration and resource sharing.
• Communicate all program updates or changes impacting tribal communities at both the local, State and Federal level to FBNN and all partners.
• Knowledge of Nevada’s tribal communities.
• Experience working with the native population and tribal communities and governments.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Ability and patience to sit for long periods of time entering data.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Able to take direction well, using active listening skills, asking questions and taking notes if necessary.
• Ability to work independently.
• Experienced computer skills (Microsoft Office products and ability to learn and utilize different types of software).
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
• Ability to perform as an effective, positive team member.
• Impeccable ethical business practices.
• Maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance.
• Excellent history of attendance and on-time performance.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Two years previous related experience developing and delivering programs to community members.
• Experience working with non-profits and government desired.
• Valid Nevada driver’s license and proof of satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to safely drive and operate a refrigerated vehicle.
• Position requires some in-state travel.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
To apply please visit our website at www.fbnn.org and fill out an application or email your resume to email@example.com